Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Procedure Change & Tenative Surgery Date

Where do I start? Today was a mixture of emotions. None of them were too bad. I think if I could narrow it down to two, it would be excitement and nervousness. What a combo!

So I met with my surgeon today. He sat down and asked me right off the rip if I had any questions for him. Yes. Yes, Sir, I do! I launched into my questions about the band, and he let me finish and he told me that with my BMI being a 58, he felt like the band for me would be like a cough drop for strep throat. He highly recommends the bypass or the sleeve.

I read somewhere last week something along the same lines as sometimes if BMI is too high, the band isn't the ideal procedure. When I saw it, I discussed it with my husband and we decided on the bypass as a second choice then. So it looks like I'll be having the RNY bypass the second week of March. Wow!

I've been learning about the band since August. Now I have a whole new world of knowledge to chase down. For those of you who I've connected with over the last couple of weeks, I'd still like to follow your blogs and I hope you'll continue to check in on me. We are all fighting the same war.

So there we are! I'm super excited, and if you have any suggestions for blogs I can follow, please share them! You all have a blessed week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please keep your comments positive and polite. :)